Many people turn to and swear by alternative treatments for ailments and illness, especially when traditional medical medicine or drugs don’t work for them. A popular alternative across the globe is Traditional Chinese Medicine in Leeds to include acupuncture, acupressure and herbal remedies.
“Traditional Chinese Medicine” is offered at Physio Logic in Leeds who are committed to providing every patient with an ethical, and consistently high standard of quality healthcare. They have a qualified practitioner with the knowledge and understanding of your problems and who will ensure you feel comfortable during the treatment.
Acupuncture is a treatment in which very fine sterilised single-use needles are inserted into certain parts of the body to induce healing. The treatment usually has no pain at all although some patients may feel slight tingling. If you experience some sensations such as heaviness and mild soreness this demonstrates the effectiveness of the treatment. During and after Acupuncture you will feel very relaxed and sometimes may sleep.
Acupressure is also called therapeutic massage. It has a similar function to Acupuncture but rather than applying needles to certain parts of the body to induce healing, the Practitioner will use finger pressure instead. It is especially suitable in the treatment of some chronic conditions and to those people who are scared of needles.
3) Herbal Therapy
Herbal Therapy (a herbal decoction boiling raw plants to make a tea) is a pure natural remedy that uses the gifts of nature to combat diseases. Plant products are used such as barks, roots, leaves, fruits and flowers, but sometimes minerals are prescribed as well. We mainly use Chinese herbal products because they are tested and proved as one of the most effective and safe healing agents.
Eliminate and Detoxify:
There are other herbal products too such as: pills, tablets, capsules, syrups, creams, ointments, oils, tinctures, lotions, sprays, powders, pastes and plasters. Many herbs can work like natural antibiotics or anti-virus medicines. Some treatments help promote kidney, liver and bowel functioning for blood purification and cleansing of the body. Herbal remedies combine different plant products to work together to:
- Organ Regulation and Mental-Physical Balancing. A treatment that can tune the function of the organs to heal mental and physical disorders to help naturally restore the body’s energy balance.
- Body Nourishment, Energy and Immunity Boosting. These treatments act as powerful tonics and immune system boosters. Working with you the treatments can trigger and help the body’s self-healing power.
- Medical: Such as
Cold and Flu, Chest infections, Asthma, Stomach Disorders, Bowel Problems, Viral Infections, Blood Pressure, Headache, Heart problems, Circulatory problems, Blood problems, Water Retention, Bladder Complaints.
- Musculo-Skeletal: Backache, Joint Complaints, Sciatica, Muscle Pains, Sports Injuries.
- Skin Problems: Acne, Eczema, Dermatitis, Ringworm, Psoriasis, Herpes, Vitiligo, Skin Discolouration, Hair-loss.
- Gynaecological Problems: Irregular Periods, Period Pains, Heavy Periods, Unhealthy Discharge, Thrush, P.M.S, Menopause, Infertility
- Eye, Ear, Nose & Throat: Rhinitis and Sinusitis, Throat Complaints, Eye Complaints, Hay Fever.
- Adult Problems: Sexually Related Disorders.
- Others: Weight Control, Drug/Smoking Addiction
Our Tradition Chinese Medicine Practitioner is Dr. Jixing Cheng who is fully qualified and registered with their relevant professional bodies.
Do you need more advice on Traditional Chinese Medicine?
To enquire about our Traditional Chinese Medicine services, please contact the Physio Logic reception. They can also advise you on other forms of treatment such as Physiotherapy, Osteopathy, Chiropody, and Podiatry.